Saturday, February 28, 2015

Calendar Books by Allen James - Daily Reading

 
Browse/preview/purchase the Allen James' publication which fits your gifting or personal needs best by clicking on either of the links below and receive 25% off most items:

www.lulu.com/spotlight/allenjames1961 or
www.jamesharryman2002.wix.com/allenjamesbooks

Our thought for February 28th comes from ALL "Daily Guide to Success" Calendar Books,

"Be polite" (James, 2012).

Years ago during one of the many times in life I've become frustrated with conforming to a society which appears to have discarded any semblance of what I have been exposed to as a child, (which now I realize is simply called "progress") I wrote this poem which encapsulates what I believe is the reason politeness has been thrown out the window for many:
Untitled - Allen James (1994)

Words, phrases, sights, sounds, pictures.
My brain filled with thoughts, memories,
Intelligence bombarded by reality.
Truth over-whelming fantasy.

Why did life have to get so scary,
Day to day living with no time to tarry?
You take your chances, pay your dues,
Life goes on, everything on cue.

But fate has a way of throwing us curves.
Mom and Dad's teaching now on our nerves.
Bring me some sanity, give me some rest,
And I hope in the end, I pass the last test.

We simply grow weary of abiding by the lessons we've been taught growing up. We feel we're adults now, "Do as I say, not as I do". But the Good Book says "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it (Proverbs 22:6 KJV).

"And I hope in the end, I pass the last test" the poem ends. Our coming BACK to those character traits which we continue to instill in our children, such as being polite to others, ensures personal success. Remember, in the end good wins out...

Be polite, and as always, keep looking up. : ) AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment regarding Allen James' Calendar Books. Please note all comments are screened prior to posting. AJ